streak srm tagged posts
One of my best friends, Strawberry5, has great success with an Atlas Brawler build, almost always topping the scoreboard and blowing scrubs to bits and pieces. This guide is the result of hours of grinding and experimenting and represents the, in my opinion, currently best load-out if you want to go toe to toe with your foes as an Atlas pilot. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
- Atlas AS7-D-DC
- Standard Engine 350
- Max armor on all torso partitions, reduce both legs to ~41 and both arms to ~52
- 2x UltraAC/5 (7x ammo)
- 2x Medium Laser
- 3x StreakSRM2 (3x ammo)
- 1x C.A.S.E. (3x SSRM2 ammo and 2x UAC/5 ammo in left torso)
- Anti-Missile System (1x ammo)
- Guardian ECM (place in right leg to avoid early destruction)
- Always move at max speed (>62kph with upgrades) if possible. This will make your worst enemies (SRM6s, AC/20s, Gauss Rifles) miss your mech more often.
- Use the high max range of your double UltraAC/5 to lay down suppressing fire and chip away at enemies during the first minutes of the match. Enemy LRM-boats and other long range builds will duck back behind cover and potential future enemies will have their starting armor reduced.
- Always try to entangle your enemies in close quarters combat as soon as possible. You are one of the most fearsome brawlers on the battlefield; make your enemies brawl as well whether they want to or not.
- Fire your UltraAC/5s by single clicking at all times (1.1sec). Restrain yourself from holding down the key as they will most likely jam very fast and your actual damage output will decline. Only gamble on your weapons not jamming when being faced with certain death.
- If your ECM gets blocked (mostly by light mechs), switch to counter (hotkey J). Afterwards, find the ECM bearing mech and dispose of it with your triple SSRM2s and lasers.
- Keep in mind that your ECM will not protect you from LRM barrages while it is set to counter mode.