medium pulse laser tagged posts
With the Pretty Baby a powerful Awesome variant enters the battlefield. Those of you who can bring the required money to the table will be rewarded with an excellent Assault Mech which can outplay any opponent using its strong armament and the outrageous xl engine 400! This guide was kindly provided by BertyBargo via the official forums. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
- Awesome – Pretty Baby (Hero Mech)
- XL Engine 400
- Max armor on all parts
- 3x SRM6 (4x ammo)
- 3x Medium Pulse Laser
- Your torso twists very fast and very wide. Turn your torso sidewards when charging enemies. Your broad front is an easy target but when moving at high speeds and turning 90 degrees sideways you are almost unhittable. In addition the parts that will be hit this way have more armor and shield your XL engine. It is literally possible to Matrix dodge incoming projectiles.
- As with all relatively fast Mechs: Try not to be the first on the frontline. It is very tempting to rush headlong into your death. Move at slower speeds at the beginning of the match or even better, try to circle around the enemies.
- Try to distribute incoming damage. You can easily twist your torso to show more intact parts to your enemy, even your back is a valid option if your center torso is critical upfront.
- This is an assault Mech but you can very effectively run away with it. You will live longer, can come back and increase your match score greatly by living to die another day.
A similar build can be used without buying the hero variant using a AWS-9M. You can check out the smaller build by clicking here.
Find Catapults a little lame? Already bought an Atlas and you don´t know how to effectively get XP and CBills with it? Want to be top3 of the scoreboard for 10 rounds in a row? Look no further. The Atlas Deluxe LRM Boat will make this all happen:
- Standard Engine 300
- Endo Steel Structure (can leave that one out if you don´t have the money because you wont be able to use it to its full extent with the regular config (will have 1-2 tons left but no more slots))
- Maxed Armor
- 3x LRM15+Artemis
- 2x Medium Lasers (Medium Pulse Lasers with endo steel)
- Do NOT put any lrm-ammo in your shoulders aka left/right torso! It will be very vulnerable to attacks. Distribute it evenly into all other slots (e.g. legs)
Playstyle and Tips:
- As of the latest patch, Artemis requires line of sight. Your ideal position will be ~400-800 meters away from the target and ideally withing line of sight (e.g. river bank)
- You are worthless in melee (LRMs have a minimum range of 180). If you don´t know what to do, fall back to your nearest friendly.
- Conserve ammo by not overnuking low health enemies and only firing if you are absolutely sure the target will be locked for some more seconds
- Exchange some ammo+heat sinks for an ECM if you are encountering a lot of light mechs