4x ppc tagged posts
Please note: This guide may still be viable, but is very old.
You will probably find better ones or will need to tweak a few things. In addition, some or all meta game information and play style/hints may include outdated information. As soon as an updated version is available, it will be shown here. If you have up-to-date information on how to improve this build, please leave a comment below. Thank you.
The Misery is the Stalker Hero Mech. Like all other Hero Mechs, it features unique hardpoints, a c-bill boost and a fantastically looking paint job. But what to do with these hardpoints? The following Misery build combines all the chassis’ strengths into a dedicated sniper build which fits very well into the current meta game. It is very difficult to put together a Misery build which really packs a punch. The only other viable option, which we found so far, is combining Large Pulse Lasers and an Ultra AC/5. This close quarter combat oriented misery build will be discussed in another post.
It is possible to slightly alter this Misery build by stripping armor on the legs and cockpit and/or removing one Double Heat Sink. However, you will run into critical slots aka space problems soon. The only worthy alternative is to get an AMS in exchange for heat efficiency. The Artemis is not needed with this specific build. I am just too lazy to update the build.
- You are piloting an assault Mech, but you are by no means indestructible. The Misery’s side torsos are also quite exposed. If you have incoming missiles, twist your upper torso sideways and move behind cover.
- It may be tempting to put all weapons on one weapon group and activate armlock for maximum pinpoint damage. However, experience has shown that two separate groups are more viable. Fire quick shots with your PPCs and only add the Gauss Rifle if you are completely sure that the shoot will hit.
- If you are above 50% heat, use the Gauss Rifle only. Try not to overheat or you will be dead more quickly than you can say shutdown.
- Use single/chain fire of your PPCs to disable enemy ECMs.
- PPCs have a minimum range of 90m. Do not fire them at close range ever!