Monthly Archives February 2013
There is still no light Mech on this blog so let´s change it. Here comes one of the best Raven 3L builds. This Mech runs up to 150kph, has decent armament, has ECM and TAG equipped, full Ferro Fibrous armor and is heat efficient. Not possible? Well you are about to be wrong. Check out this guide by Draxa. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
- Raven RVN-3L
- XL Engine 295
- Maximum armor (Ferro Fibrous)
- 2x Medium Laser
- 2x StreakSRM2 (2x ammo)
- Guardian ECM
- If you try to hit an enemy with enabled ECM do not automatically switch your ECM to counter mode. This will make you vulnerable to other missiles. Instead, try to use your TAG. When someone else fires missiles at your target you will also get bonus xp+cbills.
- Never run straight at enemies. If you realise incoming fire quickly and instantly change the lane and move to the left or right.
Get Connected!If you know of an excellent build, resource, or guide, submit it and maybe it will be featured on mwo-builds.net and seen by thousands of players. You can submit builds by sending us an e-mail, post it in the official looking-for-builds thread, or send us a private message via the official forums. You can also submit guides and builds via Facebook or Twitter (see below). Join hundreds of other Mechwarrior enthusiasts and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Receive the latest guides and the best MWO builds directly to your favourite social platform!
With the Pretty Baby a powerful Awesome variant enters the battlefield. Those of you who can bring the required money to the table will be rewarded with an excellent Assault Mech which can outplay any opponent using its strong armament and the outrageous xl engine 400! This guide was kindly provided by BertyBargo via the official forums. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
- Awesome – Pretty Baby (Hero Mech)
- XL Engine 400
- Max armor on all parts
- 3x SRM6 (4x ammo)
- 3x Medium Pulse Laser
- Your torso twists very fast and very wide. Turn your torso sidewards when charging enemies. Your broad front is an easy target but when moving at high speeds and turning 90 degrees sideways you are almost unhittable. In addition the parts that will be hit this way have more armor and shield your XL engine. It is literally possible to Matrix dodge incoming projectiles.
- As with all relatively fast Mechs: Try not to be the first on the frontline. It is very tempting to rush headlong into your death. Move at slower speeds at the beginning of the match or even better, try to circle around the enemies.
- Try to distribute incoming damage. You can easily twist your torso to show more intact parts to your enemy, even your back is a valid option if your center torso is critical upfront.
- This is an assault Mech but you can very effectively run away with it. You will live longer, can come back and increase your match score greatly by living to die another day.
A similar build can be used without buying the hero variant using a AWS-9M. You can check out the smaller build by clicking here.
Please note: This guide may still be viable, but is very old.
You will probably find better ones or will need to tweak a few things. In addition, some or all meta game information and play style/hints may include outdated information. As soon as an updated version is available, it will be shown here. If you have up-to-date information on how to improve this build, please leave a comment below. Thank you.
The second guide today will be the infamous Stalker PPC build. There are many iterations of this build. This particular version tries to maintain heavy sniping capabilities without sacrificing close quarter combat capabilities entirely. Anudiz posted this guide in the current search thread. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
- Stalker STK-3F
- Standard Engine 280
- Reduce armor on head and legs. Max all torso parts.
- 2x SRM 4 (3x SRM Ammo)
- 2x SRM 2
- 4x PPC
- Maintain sniping range as long as possible.
- Avoid the temptation of heavy brawling. Your SRMs improve your close quarter capabilities a lot but this is a sniper build. Stay out of the action and use SRMs only to finish off damaged opponents.
- If you notice a damaged component on an enemy. Try to take it out quickly with a precise strike from all four PPCs.
- Set up a chainfire PPC weapon group. You don´t want to alpha strike every single time.
I am once again sweeping the forums for decent and ready-to-use builds. The first build will be provided by a friendly guy named Orionche who sent me a Centurion build. Since medium chassis are somewhat underrepresented on this web page so far, his guide will be the first. Many more to come. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
Trouble playing back the video? Click here!
- Centurion CN9-A
- XL Engine 260
- Max armor on everything, remove 1 point from each leg to fill another ton
- 2x Medium Laser
- 3x SRM6 + Artemis (4x ammo in legs)
- Anti-Missile System (1x ammo)
- Beagle Active Probe
- Your arms are for shielding only. Try to rotate them towards your enemies to protect your more valuable shoulders.
- Keep moving! This is true for all Mechs but if you stand still for one second with this Centurion you are a gonner.
- At the beginning of the match, separate from the main group and scout ahead.
- Later return with a vengeance and flank enemies.