Category Short Range Missiles (e.g. SSRM2)
Please note: This guide may still be viable, but is very old.
You will probably find better ones or will need to tweak a few things. In addition, some or all meta game information and play style/hints may include outdated information. As soon as an updated version is available, it will be shown here. If you have up-to-date information on how to improve this build, please leave a comment below. Thank you.
The second guide today will be the infamous Stalker PPC build. There are many iterations of this build. This particular version tries to maintain heavy sniping capabilities without sacrificing close quarter combat capabilities entirely. Anudiz posted this guide in the current search thread. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
- Stalker STK-3F
- Standard Engine 280
- Reduce armor on head and legs. Max all torso parts.
- 2x SRM 4 (3x SRM Ammo)
- 2x SRM 2
- 4x PPC
- Maintain sniping range as long as possible.
- Avoid the temptation of heavy brawling. Your SRMs improve your close quarter capabilities a lot but this is a sniper build. Stay out of the action and use SRMs only to finish off damaged opponents.
- If you notice a damaged component on an enemy. Try to take it out quickly with a precise strike from all four PPCs.
- Set up a chainfire PPC weapon group. You don´t want to alpha strike every single time.
I am once again sweeping the forums for decent and ready-to-use builds. The first build will be provided by a friendly guy named Orionche who sent me a Centurion build. Since medium chassis are somewhat underrepresented on this web page so far, his guide will be the first. Many more to come. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
Trouble playing back the video? Click here!
- Centurion CN9-A
- XL Engine 260
- Max armor on everything, remove 1 point from each leg to fill another ton
- 2x Medium Laser
- 3x SRM6 + Artemis (4x ammo in legs)
- Anti-Missile System (1x ammo)
- Beagle Active Probe
- Your arms are for shielding only. Try to rotate them towards your enemies to protect your more valuable shoulders.
- Keep moving! This is true for all Mechs but if you stand still for one second with this Centurion you are a gonner.
- At the beginning of the match, separate from the main group and scout ahead.
- Later return with a vengeance and flank enemies.
One of my best friends, Strawberry5, has great success with an Atlas Brawler build, almost always topping the scoreboard and blowing scrubs to bits and pieces. This guide is the result of hours of grinding and experimenting and represents the, in my opinion, currently best load-out if you want to go toe to toe with your foes as an Atlas pilot. Be sure to drop by his profile and leave him a thumbs-up (link at the end of the guide).
- Atlas AS7-D-DC
- Standard Engine 350
- Max armor on all torso partitions, reduce both legs to ~41 and both arms to ~52
- 2x UltraAC/5 (7x ammo)
- 2x Medium Laser
- 3x StreakSRM2 (3x ammo)
- 1x C.A.S.E. (3x SSRM2 ammo and 2x UAC/5 ammo in left torso)
- Anti-Missile System (1x ammo)
- Guardian ECM (place in right leg to avoid early destruction)
- Always move at max speed (>62kph with upgrades) if possible. This will make your worst enemies (SRM6s, AC/20s, Gauss Rifles) miss your mech more often.
- Use the high max range of your double UltraAC/5 to lay down suppressing fire and chip away at enemies during the first minutes of the match. Enemy LRM-boats and other long range builds will duck back behind cover and potential future enemies will have their starting armor reduced.
- Always try to entangle your enemies in close quarters combat as soon as possible. You are one of the most fearsome brawlers on the battlefield; make your enemies brawl as well whether they want to or not.
- Fire your UltraAC/5s by single clicking at all times (1.1sec). Restrain yourself from holding down the key as they will most likely jam very fast and your actual damage output will decline. Only gamble on your weapons not jamming when being faced with certain death.
- If your ECM gets blocked (mostly by light mechs), switch to counter (hotkey J). Afterwards, find the ECM bearing mech and dispose of it with your triple SSRM2s and lasers.
- Keep in mind that your ECM will not protect you from LRM barrages while it is set to counter mode.
This build provides a short description of a nice CTF-2X brawler build with relatively high damage output (whooping 50 alpha strike) while still maintaining a very nice heat efficiency to fight for extended periods of time. Long range combat is not recommended but you will still be able to harass over long distances with an Ultra AC/5.
- Cataphract CTF-2X
- XL Engine 255
- Max Armor except legs (~51 each)
- 3x Medium Laser
- 1x Ultra AC/5 (~2x ammo)
- 2x SRM 6 (~3x ammo)
- 1x Anti-Missile-System (1x ammo)
- Despite being a heavy and having a considerable amount of armor: play save, do not lead the charge. Use the increased speed from the engine to outmaneuver your opponents.
- You will be an easy victim for LRM boats despite having an AMS and driving a heavy chassis. Try to avoid open spaces at all times.
- If you spot enemies at the horizon, use heat vision (hotkey H) and zoom (hotkey Z) and place some single UltraAC/5 hits. Most enemies will duck behind cover and cease to or not even open fire.
- If you are not proficient with SRMs, yet, set your SRM6s weapon group to chain fire (hotkey BACKSPACE) and fire single bursts. If you want to fire both missiles at the same time, double tap the weapon group´s hotkey.
- Remember that you can use your mouse cursor (yellow circle) to aim your SRM6s.